Monday, October 18, 2010

Been a while...(over 4 months!!)

Its been so long that we have talked Scotcheads that I frankly forgot what we are doing here. While you believe that this can't be, I miss our brotherhood's recurring meetings. That said with this round we will be setting dates (with little leeway) in the week following the first round's tasting (i.e., Greg's).

Quick recap from last session at Justin's circa 6.11.10 (that crazy sonabitch). Among the offerings were: PC8, Octomore Orpheus, and Ar2 (an independently bottled Ardbeg, and this club's first independent bottle in rotation). While we all thought the Ar2 was interesting and surprisingly sweet for an Ardbeg, it lacked the punching power of the first two. While Jimmy and Justin selected the PC8 (staying true to the Bruchladdich family tree) and Greg and I opted for the Octomore and its interesting black, sleek bottling and heavy heavy peat, Jordan at the last minute broke with Justin and Jimmy again leaving Austin in the wake (surprise, surprise). This author has become enamored with PC5 and PC6. I recall the blind test being screwed up somehow.

This fall season is going to be fantastic. Guaranteed; like coming in from the off-season.

Upon my return from Vegas, I reflected on all the whiskies I have tasted this year, from locals to Scotland's finest. I reflected how many I have tasted with my brothers here in this club and what each of you have shared with me in terms of spirit and notes. This club has affected me in an extremely positive way (not necessarily my liver), and I look forward to another round with y'all. To the spirit of life...L'Chaim.

As agreed, we will not be taking a summer break for Summer 2011 given our new scheduling mechanic.

ASL

No comments:

Post a Comment